The purpose of this project is to foster cross-sectoral cooperation between the European clusters in the partnership and their SME members, as well as to support their SME members in going international and positioning them in the advanced smart packaging global value chain.
This will be done through the establishment of an ESCP formed by 6 European clusters which bring together different competencies to apply a cross-sectoral approach for the development of the advanced smart packaging global value chain. In this regard, the partnership brings together clusters involved with the final product (packaging), the application market (food), cross-cutting technology clusters (nanotechnologies, microelectronics, software, telecommunications and plasma technologies) and new materials (plastics, polymers and biopolymers).
The partnership clusters aim to cooperate in order to implement their joint internationalisation strategy towards defined target third countries (Canada,China and United States) and support AdPack2 SME members in establishing cooperation with relevant counterparts in the target countries.
Therefore, the project includes the following activities:
– Training and knowledge sharing actions to prepare SMEs to go international
– Activities fostering cooperation between partnership SMEs contributing to decrease sectoral boundaries
– Establishment of cooperation agreements with international business and research intermediaries in target countries
– Implementation of fact-finding and business internationalisation missions
– Establishment of ambassadors in target markets, to provide high added value services to AdPack2 SMEs
– Support the establishment of business partnership agreements to develop joint collaborative projects between the Partnership SME members and business and other relevant stakeholders from third countries
– Developing the exit strategy in order to continue internationalization support activities after the project lifetime.